In this episode, Rick Vanover (Twitter @RickVanover) welcomes back Jason Perlow (Twitter @JPerlow). Jason writes the Tech Broiler blog at ZDNet and also writes the OffTheBroiler blog. Jason and Rick talk about a number of the approaches available today for delivering storage at a software-defined level, including network and server architectures from the various data center brands available today.
In this new session Rick covers some of his favorite features in the vSphere 5.5 release and even shows a live demo. In this track you will learn:
- new vSphere 5.5 features
- nested ESXi and Autolab
- additional vSphere 5 resources
- upgrade tips
- and more!
In this new session, Mike Resseler covers all major updates of the latest Windows Server 2012 R2. He talks about changes and additions to:
- File Services and Storage
- Windows PowerShell
- Directory Services & Security and much more.
In this Backup Academy podcast David Hill (vExpert) covers the following topics:
In this new session Rick Vanover tells whow to do your VM backup wrong and describing the top mistakes in the the following areas:
- backup types
- consistency levels
- capacity calculations
- restore expectations
- and more!
In this new session Brien Posey explains what are the new features and updates in Hyper-V R3, including:
- PowerShell Management
- Memory Balooning
- Live Migrations (beyond the cluster, shared nothing Live Migration)
- Failover Clustering
- Storage Migrations
- Hyper-V Replica
- Virtual Fibre Channel
- NIC Teaming
- Offload datacenter and more!
In this Backup Academy podcast Chris Henley talks about:
- Hyper-V VM architecture
- VSS process
- Changed Block Tracking
- Forward incremental backup
- Increment injection
- Synthetic backup
- Reversed incremental backup
- How replication works
In this Backup Academy podcast Andrea Mauro (vExpert) covers the following topics:
- What is a backup policy
- Design a backup plan
- What defines a backup policy
- Where do backups go
- How will backups be performed
In this Backup Academy podcast Marc Crespi from Exagrid covers Deduplication topic from A to Z:
- What is Deduplication?
- Why Use Deduplication in Backup and Recovery?
- Challenges of Deduplication in Virtualized Environments
- Deduplication approaches (two camps)
- Deduplication’s Role in Data Protection and Disaster Recovery